TikTok Crypto Influencer Marketing: Reach New Audiences
January 12, 2023
Editor's note: This post was originally published on July 06, 2022 and has been revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensivenes.
Influencer marketing on TikTok is a goldmine if you are looking to reach cryptocurrency and NFT audiences through content creators and generate buzz around your project in less time. In a short time, the social media platform has become a sort of educational hub for cryptocurrencies and NFTs.
Several notable brands, like Coinbase, Binance, etc., have established their presence on Tiktok and have gathered a good following.
In 2021, Finance content on topics such as NFT, cryptocurrency, play-to-earn games, metaverse, etc grew by 255%. Moreover, video views on several hashtags related to crypto exploded. For example, compared to 2020 views on #NFT rose by 93000% which is simply amazing!
Source: What's Next report by TikTok
If you have a cryptocurrency to promote, an NFT to sell, a Metaverse platform to invite users to or anything related to blockchain technology, TikTok's amazing platform can help you with everything you need to educate your audience and help them find you more easily.
Why influencer marketing on TikTok should be a part of your crypto marketing strategy?
If you haven't started influencer marketing for your crypto startup, you're missing out on a significant branding opportunity for your crypto project.
A few reasons why TikTok influencer marketing should be a part of your overall marketing strategy:
- Collaborating with crypto TikTok creators ensure that your project reaches out to an extremely targeted audience resulting in more brand awareness.
- TikTok offers a reach potential like no other social media platform; you have the opportunity to execute viral campaigns, increase chatter around your brand, and target niche-specific as well as broad audiences.
- TikTok is a video-first platform just like YouTube; the videos on TikTok are generally short and in a vertical format, which is handy for smartphones.
Note: TikTok has recently introduced 10-minute videos on its platform.
- TikTok's algorithm is mighty; it learns about the viewers and their interests based on in-app usage and shows customized experiences. This means that even if people aren't searching for you but if they follow influencers from your niche, it is highly likely that they will see your profile.
- Crypto influencers on TikTok have a large and loyal following, so if a creator supports your product, their audience would also want to try it.
Top crypto TikTok influencer marketing strategies
1. Do a hashtag challenge
This is a widely popular strategy on TikTok. It involves a brand or a content creator introducing a challenge beginning with a "#" and the name of the challenge. The goal of a hashtag challenge is to encourage people to make and share videos of your target audience performing the challenge and coordinate with influencers and creators to make a big splash in a short period of time.
Through hashtag challenges, crypto brands can gather everything under a hashtag, making every video shared on the platform branded content, making it an excellent way for crypto-related projects to start trends.
You can start your own challenge and collaborate with crypto influencers to promote your challenge and invite their audience to create and share videos using your hashtag.
Sweatcoin, an app that rewards its users for the number of steps taken, launched a #sweatcoinchallenge. The crypto app asked its users and followers to share videos of themselves walking and earning SWEAT coins.
2. Product reviews
Collaborating with influencers to create product reviews is also a good strategy on TikTok. You can reach out to influencers and ask them to test your product and create a detailed video about your product and what their thoughts are on it.
While working with influencers on product videos, it is important to give them creative control so that the content influencers will share sounds genuine and not too salesy.
Virtual Bacon, a crypto influencer, recently published a video in which he shared his experience and why he invested in a blockchain game.
3. Collaborate with TikTok influencers to create educational content
Over the years, TikTok's image has changed from being just a dance app to being an app with a wide variety of content, and over time, the platform has become a hub for Gen Z to acquire bite-sized knowledge on any topic.
According to our platform analysis, most of the content available on TikTok around cryptocurrencies, NFTs, Metaverse, coins, etc., are tutorials and how-to guides. Even leading crypto companies, such as Crypto.com, Coinbase, Binance, etc., share educative content on their official accounts.
You can also collaborate with creators to share high-quality educational content on your project or your industry that educates and informs your potential audience about your brand, and its presence in the world of blockchain.
When creating educative content, make sure that it's informative, factual, and entertaining to attract the audience's attention.
4. Include your CTA with the content
Whenever you collaborate with TikTok influencers, make sure that they add a call to action pointing toward your profile or official website. There are three main types of CTAs on TikTok.
- Your brand profile tagged in the caption
- Link in Bio
- Promo Code
While planning your TikTok influencer marketing campaign
Step 1. Define clear campaign goals
Before reaching out to influencers, define what you want to achieve through your campaign. Whether you are looking to boost your brand awareness, reach, or conversions, defining your goals will help you find the right crypto influencers.
Step 2. Find relevant influencers
The next step is finding the influencers who create content in the same niche as your target audience. Don't seek influencers who have thousands of followers; go for the more relevant ones to your audience and align with your brand philosophy.
How to find relevant crypto TikTok influencers?
- Let TikTok's mighty algorithm do the work for you. Keep an eye on the 'For You' section, where the social media platform will suggest engaging content based on your interests.
- Look for creators who are already talking about your brand in their videos
- Ask your community for recommendations.
- Look at existing partnerships within your industry.
- Work with an agency that specializes in crypto TikTok marketing that understands your industry and can provide insights.
Step 3. Reach out
Once you have a list of potential crypto influencers and content creators, it's time to reach out to them for collaboration. Research their work email, as it will be less cluttered and will look professional. However, if you can't find their work email, you can DM them on other platforms.
- While sending your offer, introduce yourself and clarify who you are.
- Talk about the opportunity and why you think they would be an excellent fit for your influencer campaign.
- Share a brief outline for your idea and what you have in mind for collaborations.
- Ask for their insights and past collaborations, as it gives you a clear idea about their followers, demographics, and engagement numbers.
- Ask them for their rates and be transparent about the financials from the beginning.
- To ensure your campaign runs smoothly, define KPIs and set clear expectations of what you are hoping to achieve from the campaign.
Top crypto influencers on Tiktok in 2023
Tiktok is a great platform for creating trends through influencer marketing. However, to get the most out of your influencer marketing campaigns, you need to collaborate with creators that publish videos of the highest quality and have good engagement on their profile.
We have compiled a list of some crypto TikTok influencers that share quality content and are worth considering.
Mason Versluis, the person behind Crypto Mason, is among the top crypto TikTok creators, with a whopping 1.1 million followers on his TikTok account with over 14 million likes on his content.
Crypto Mason shares content around recent development in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. He also shares how-to videos to educate his followers about Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other altcoins.
Wendy O is a crypto influencer with a huge community on several platforms, including TikTok. Within a short span, she has accumulated more than 240K followers with over 2.2 million likes on her content and featured on several news platforms.
She shares daily news around crypto and NFTs; she also creates content simplifying the financial world of cryptocurrencies and NFTs. Apart from her TikTok channel, she also has a newsletter and a podcast named 'The O Show,' where she shares her journey in the world of cryptocurrency.
Known as the cryptocurrency nerd Crypto Cita has a huge following base on TikTok with over 700K followers on her channel and 10 million likes on her videos. Crypto Cita offers tutorials on cryptocurrencies for beginners and also offers thoughtful advice on mining and crypto investment.
She usually gets a lot of reposts on her videos and is shared outside TikTok's platform. Crypto Cita has affiliate links from several top crypto-financial platforms in her bio.
An e-commerce entrepreneur who began his cryptocurrency journey in 2014 cannot be left out of this list. The wolf of Bitcoin is the veteran in the crypto space who started his TikTok journey in 2019. He shares educational content for the crypto industry on his account, which has 249K followers and 3.5 million likes. He also shares information on the state of the crypto market for novice investors.
The founder of BaconDAO, a community first crypto, and NFT launchpad, Virtual Bacon is a TikTok content creator with a fan base of 270K followers and has 2 million likes on his videos. His account is highly focused on sharing educational content related to crypto investing for amateur crypto users in an easy-to-understand language.
Grab the early bird seats for TikTok influencer marketing
We hope that this article clarifies the huge opportunity for your crypto brand through influencer marketing on TikTok. However, it's important to understand that strategies that work well on other social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, might not work well on TikTok.
So it's important to tailor your crypto influencer marketing strategy to TikTok and work with influencers that specialize in creating engaging content on TikTok.
You might also like: